Even though I can no longer be bothered to wake up at the ungodly hours demanded of Mountain Time F1 fans, the odd snippets of open-cockpit racing news still filter their way into my broad, broad net. So it was with relish and delight that I smiled my Cheshire Cati smile as the SJW/ESL/JWZ lamestream media and its mouth-breathing commentariat fumbled with constipated consternation for politically correct retorts to the bald-faced call-out of the dire political, social, and infrastructuralii state of affairs in North America by F1 impressario Bernie Ecclestone.iii Human Rights Watch, the very same Soros-backed organisation that was recently snubbed by the Philipinno Presidential incumbent, is once again sticking its nose where it doesn’t belong. And once again, it’s being reminded that its offensively hypocritical hand-wringing is very much unwelcome, unwarranted, an utter waste of everyone’s time.iv Spake Bernie :
The minute people tell me what human rights are, you can look at how, why and when it applies. Does anyone know what human rights are? [...] I think probably like me they would like to know what human rights are. A lot of people are starving in the world and they have something to complain about.
Beyond that, Bernie described Montreal,v easily one of the most charming and fun-loving cities in North America, if not the most, in these less than flattering [and not the least bit unwarranted] terms :
We just left the greatest place in the world North America – and compared to here, it is a bit of a shit hole isn’t it?
So Azerbaijan rules and North America drools… Tell me something I don’t know. I don’t believe in [North] American exceptionalism either, but that only means my glasses work and that I’m not some faggy, neurotic UStard who thinks that he [and "his" apps] could possibly have any measureable impact on the course of human history.vi
Not that Bernie lets the drivers off any more lightly. After a few of the pansier pansies – the ones too pathetic to die a hero, like Senna – voiced their concerns about the safety of the European GP circuit on the streets of Baku after Qualifying, their teary-eyed bitching was summarily raped thusly :
Well if they don’t wanna drive they don’t have to. It’s up to them. This is the circuit, don’t like then go home. This is the circuit, which I said it is a ballsy circuit and that’s it, if you don’t like it.
Sorry for your loss.
___ ___ ___
- ie. orthodontically enhanced.↩
- When your own engineers are telling you that your bridges and roads are in shambles, it’s not just because they want jobs repairing them, it’s because you’re living on borrowed time.↩
- Bernie’s basically the Steve Jobs of F1. When he dies, it’ll be the same game of “Last idiot out the door shuts the lights off.” ↩
- Including their own, which would be better spent picking cotton, strawberries, or otherwise replacing machine labour. Just like in the good ol’ days, which just so happen to eerily foreshadow the future where the US can’t afford electricity because Bitcoin mining has made it unaffordable for the masses.↩
- Here’s a little [Messerschmitt] video of the Canadian GP I attended in 2014. I’ll dig for some photos and update the post accordingly if I find anything else worth sharing.↩
- I’ve said it before but it bears repeating : the only mark that the Greatest Bestest Biggest Nation Ever will leave future generations is Mt. Rushmore. Way to go!↩
- There are indeed 17-year-old F1 drivers. What were you doing at that age ? ↩