Something about the way our memories work and our consciousness works and the way our culture is communicated and our communities are coordinated hinges to no small degree on acronyms. I’m not entirely sure why but acronyms appear for all intents and purposes to be superconcentrated conveyors of both ingroupness and information. They’re very cool in that way.
In other disconnected observations about nothing much in particular, in case you’re all in a tizzy this week about the flurry of red candles in the crypto markets, recall that there’s no alpha without sigma, where alpha = active rate of return, ie. the rate of return in excess of market returns (beta), and sigma = measure of volatility, also used to refer to standard deviations on a distribution.
See you next Sunday.
___ ___ ___
- Be Back In A Bit ↩
- Cryptopunks ↩
- Crypto Twitter↩
- Decentralised Autonomous Organisation↩
- Decentralised EXchange↩
- Daily Fantasy Sports↩
- Do Your Own Research↩
- Ethereum Improvement Proposal↩
- Ethereum Virtual Machine↩
- Inter-Blockchain Communication ↩
- Miner Extractable Value, or, per Bankless, Maximum Extractable Value ↩
- Not Gonna Make It ↩
- Not Financial Advice ↩
- Non-Fungible Token↩
- Software Development Kit ↩
- Standard Operating Procedure↩
- Total Value Locked (in a DeFi liquidity pool) ↩