Motto : No puede vacaciones con niños, sólo viajar.
Let’s see what the Cancun area has to offer the traveler in the quaint and curious department other than, of course, abandoned chumpatrons.
Check out this VolksManufaktureHaus that was closed when it was supposed to be open. How progressive !i Or maybe the 30% decline in corn prices this year are already hitting the secondary and tertiary service providers. Hard to know for sure.
Next, looking for a quick and healthy snack at your local convenience store ? Nothing odd about bananas and apples, which can now be found in 7-Elevens from coast-to-coast,ii pero cebollas, avocados, limas, y tomates ?! Apparently it’s “guactime” all the time here. ¡Olé!
Given the working class nature of the neighbourhoodiii where this little hole-in-the-wall was found, I can’t imagine that “COMPULOP”‘s doors are being beaten down with anyone having TRB compilation issues on homemade Linux boxen, but it’s nice to know that should you ever escape the gravity well, support’s right around the corner.iv Plus, copies !
Now no ethnographic journey would be complete without a look at the everyday modes of transport – and wouldja get a load of this headlight job ! Can’t say I’ve ever seen a bolt-on rally light used as a headlight before. You gotta admire the moxie here. Plus, doesn’t he kind of look like he’s winking at you ? Cutie.
Lastly but not leastly in this quick little look-see is the brand-new Nissan Tsuru. That’s right : BRAND-NEW !!1 To the untrained eye, this might look like a 1991 B13 Nissan Sentra, but it’s actually one of the best-selling new cars in Mexican history,v largely on account of the fact that it rings the till at less than USD $7`500 for the base model, which includes an 83 HP inline-four,vi 13″ wheels with full caps, heating, mechanical steering, tinted windows, and a rear defroster.
The ruby red example seen below, unlike most North American mall-cars with bows on the hood, was unaccompanied by the usual raffle for sick kids with awareness-deficiency syndromevii or the like. It was just to draw your eye to a car that hasn’t been materially updated since Saddam ruled the roost.
___ ___ ___
- I mean, how do we know it’s not, right, what with this global phenomenon of human rights sweeping the globe ? Maybe the owner is on paternity leave or installing new transgender bathrooms for customers or redecorating his fung shway to align with an open-concept lifestyle or attending a Just Say “No” to Rape In The Workplace seminar or at a social media networking event or or or etc. Y’know ? ↩
- Granting that such “healthy” (in quotations because they’re still delicious carby treats) alternatives were essentially unknown in 24/7 cornerstores even 5 years ago, at least in Canada. ↩
- A neighbourhood that you’re encouraged to explore. (Street View) ↩
- “Bbbbut that’s not support, that’s just a copy shop with a shitty painted penguin on the outside and inside are nothing but a buncha derpy monkeys whose primary method of “fixing” computers is hitting them with blunt objects!” Mkay. And how exactly do you know that again ? Oh, because you feel things ? Aha. That’s what I thought.↩
- The Tsuru was in fact the best seller in the country from 1997 to 2011.↩
- Fighting only 2`140 lbs, mind you.↩
- If awareness isn’t the problem… THEN WHY THE FUCK DID YOU THINK IT WAS THE SOLUTION ??!!!↩