From a recent chat :
Fuzzy-Wuzzy : What does MP think about what’s going on in his homeland?
British Square : See the logs
pete_d: Speaking of politics back home, what’s the latest from your contacts back in Romania re: protests against ‘legalised corruption’i
mircea_popescu: Nuland-Sorosii wasting their US Fed acct on the local whores, more or less.
Fuzzy-Wuzzy : Half a million people in the streets – must be a big expense account!
British Square : I’m not sure how expensive bored baristas with aspirations of 15 seconds of fame on the nightly news really are. Especially Romanian ones. Average wage there for that demo is what, 1500 RON a month ?iii
So let’s do the math. There were protests in Bucharest and across the country last week. The vox populi reported 500k around the country and 250k in just the capital. Calling those guesstimates generous by a factor of two,iv saying that the protests lasted for five full days, that 10% of the protesters in Bucharest were outright paid or otherwise incentivisedv for eight hours a day and that the rest were mere sheep, and that the average wage of a paid protestor was half the national average,vi we find :
250`000 * 0.5 * 0.1 * 5 * 8 * 1500 / 160 = 4`687`500 RON = $1`117`030 USD.
A million bucks. That’s it! Cheaper and more effective than paying spamsites to make news for you, but isn’t it still outrageous how manifestly weak and impoverished the purportedly powerful of the nouveau regime are in the face of a few numbers ?
___ ___ ___
- That old corruption will never be eliminated piece I brokenly translated from Romanian to English is timelier than the folks on the cobblestoned street know, and it’s doubly lulzy for the proclaimed left-leaning politics of the unyielding PSD. ↩
- Victoria Nuland was Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs at the United States Department of State under Bahamas and is now another useless old bitty. George Soros is a currency trader par excellence and shameful distributor of his winnings. ↩
- The national average in RO is ~3000 RON per month, or just $715 USD. Combined with their generally-impressive-for-eastern-block-country mastery of English, it’s little wonder they’re an emerging IT power. ↩
- Putting the figures more in line with my contacts in Romania. Yes, I also have contacts in Romania. ↩
- Eg. Yazaki. N.B. That the left calling anything “fake news” gives you every grounds to believe that it’s true. To them, “fake” is anything they don’t want to believe is true because it threatens to break the surface tension of their delicate snowflake bubbles. ↩
- Which is generous for a bored barista, but let’s find the upper bound of the piggy here. ↩